Jonathan Rea with Kawasaki Racing Team wins for the first time in 2019 season at Imola. His strongest and 10 wins rival; Alvaro Bautista finished in second place with more than 7 seconds time gap. Rea was unstoppable in Race 1 Imola.
Looked back, Chaz Davies started from the first position of Race 1 WSBK Imola 2019 after making the fastest laptime and even breaking the record several hours earlier in the Superpole session.
Jonathan Rea starts from the second position followed by Alvaro Bautista. After the start, Rea was taking over the leader of race after overtake Davies in second Chicane. Then Chaz Davies had a technical problem in the first lap.
Here is the complete RESULT of Race 1 Imola 2019 WSBK:
1. Jonathan Rea: GBR: Kawasaki Racing Team 20 laps
2. Alvaro Bautista: ESP: Aruba.it Racing – Ducati +7.832s
3. Toprak Razgatlioglu: TUR: Kawasaki Puccetti Racing +19.291s
4. Michael van der Mark: NED: Pata Yamaha +19.968s
5. Leon Haslam: GBR: Kawasaki Racing Team +20.111s
6. Marco Melandri: ITA: GRT Yamaha +31.846s
7. Alex Lowes: GBR: Pata Yamaha +32.024s
8. Michael Ruben Rinaldi: ITA: Barni Racing Team Ducati +34.107s
9. Lorenzo Zanetti: ITA: Motocorsa Ducati +34.814s
10. Markus Reiterberger: GER: BMW WorldSBK Team +40.196s
11. Jordi Torres: ESP: Team Pedercini Racing Kawasaki +51.426s
12. Tommy Bridewell: GBR: Team Go Eleven Ducati +55.235s
13. Hector Barbera: ESP: Orelac Racing VerdNatura Kawasaki +56.529s
14. Ryuichi Kiyonari: JPN: Moriwaki Althea Honda Team +1min
15. Alessandro Delbianco: ITA: Althea Mie Racing Team Honda +1min
16. Sandro Cortese: GER: GRT Yamaha 16 laps completed
17. Tom Sykes: GBR: BMW WorldSBK Team 10 laps completed
18. Chaz Davies: GBR: Aruba.it Racing – Ducati 1 lap completed
Can’t wait for the next WorldSBK race, can Rea get more wins?!